Friday, November 9, 2007

Quotes start arriving immediately

I've been told in the past that I move fast - but World Gym moves faster! Today, I received equipment quotes from 3 WG approved vendors, lease applications from 2 companies, and World Gym branded promotional products from somewhere else. But what's even more astounding than that - I already received the first draft of the postcard we plan to mail out in late November from Chris! It looks great - I would post it, but I'm sure WG would not approve of that, since it considered proprietary information.

It basically announces that we are renovating and becoming a World Gym and promotes a special offer that prospective members can take advantage of by stopping by during staffed hours, or by visiting http://www.worldgym.com/. I've always felt that being able to offer people a way to join a club online has been a great idea, but I never knew how to go about it. World Gym has already designed the back end, allowing members to enter their credit card information and join instantly. Then a branded mailer is mailed to the member along with some promotional supplies and their key tag, which will get them into the club 24/7. I would guess that this could all take place in as little as 24-48 hours. If you own a 24/7 club, you know first hand how difficult it is to determine which hours to staff your club - but the one thing you know is that when people want to purchase a membership. - you want them to be able to do it immediately. The web site seems to be a perfect solution.

No comments: